Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!

I had a wonderful 2nd Mother's Day this year. Last year was a tough one - being my first one, I had some mighty big expectations; flowers, a complete house-cleaning, a day at the spa, a parade. Obviously, 3 months of being a mom is nothing compared to a year and 3 months which in turn is just a speck in time compared to the many years to come.To me, this 2nd Mother's Day was just a day for me to reflect on the last year, absorb the changes in Isaac and me and to know that all I can do is love my son. That being said, when Isaac came waddling up the hallway Saturday night dragging a bouquet of white tulips and then lifted them up to me with that big smile and those bright eyes I was fulfilled. It's not about pampering and thanking and parades. It's about the every day things, the smiles, the hugs and the rewards of knowing inside me that I'm doing a good job. We had such a great day! The Las Vegas weather was gorgeous and after an always perfect brunch on the patio at Mon Ami Gabi, we took a walk on the strip by the Bellagio Fountains. Isaac was a perfect little monkey the whole day. No drama at the restaurant and sweet as pie in his stroller or waddling alongside us on our walk. Motherhood has been perfect so far and I'm looking forward to many more rewarding days, weeks and years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment