Saturday, February 21, 2009

We are such proud, gushing parents...

Three days after Isaac's first birthday he walked. He took his first 2 official steps on my birthday, December 30 and since then has added a step at a time - at his own pace. Tuesday morning he walked about 10 feet, stopped and sat down; a little further than he had been doing but he never seemed real comfortable with the situation. I wasn't so sure either, but we paid a visit to Dr. Bob that day and it seems all he needed was a little encouragement and positive reinforcement. The first thing he asked me was if he was walking and I said I didn't think he was quite ready, yet. He picked him up, said, "he can walk", put him down and off he went. And that was it. Eat crow, mama. All you had to do was believe in me a little bit.
We got home just a little before Hector so as soon as he came in we enjoyed his first "official" steps together with the video camera and digital camera rolling. Just like good, proud, gushing parents do.

He walks kind of like a zombie. Here's the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment