Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!!

I can't believe it's been a whole year already. Hector asked me yesterday if Isaac was a baby or a little boy. It made me stop and think because it seems like he's still a baby...but he's also my little boy. I responded with, he'll probably always be my "baby". :)
Anyway, we had a couple of birthday parties for our little one year old in the last few weeks. The first one was in Michigan; a little celebration on an otherwise somber and reflective weekend. It was so nice that we could be with my family for his first birthday. I guess sometimes things just work out!

He also got to celebrate some of his birthday in Florida and open a couple of presents from Grandma.

Isaac and I flew home late on Valentine's Day, otherwise known as his official birthday. We got up bright and early the next morning and decided to throw him a little party. We got right to grocery shopping, house-cleaning, dog-cleaning, decorating and baking. The monkey cake was something I obsessed over in my mind for the last month or so and my oh-so-creative husband brought it to be! It was definitely the centerpiece of the party. Well, ok, there weren't many decorations at all, but I sure was impressed! We had such a good time with our family and friends! I am so thankful for the friends we have made out here...especially that they are so flexible and were able to come to our impromptu party!



No comments:

Post a Comment