Sunday, October 11, 2009

So many things...

People start their blogs out like this all the time, but it's true: It has been too long and the more time that has gone by the more daunting adding another post has seemed. A few big things have happened since my last post back in the beginning of July.

1. He got totally weaned after that last post. I know, breath a big sigh of relief everyone. :)How did I do it? I told him it was "all gone" and did the "all done" sign. This totally satisfied him and he went on to finish his dinner and went to bed without crying that night and every night thereafter. This also made travel super hard as there was no way to comfort him during take-off, landing, and for a nap in between. I was bitten twice on my arm have a scar for life to prove it.

2. I found out I was pregnant a few weeks later. This is how we told everybody:


Here's the little pinto bean on 8/27/09 at 8 weeks , 3 days old:

Our next ultrasound, the "biggie" is on November 10 when we find out if Isaac is having a little brother or a little sister. So, check back if you're curious and I'll post some more graphic ultrasound images after that visit. :)


3. Mom came to visit and we got all fancied up and went to an Il Divo concert, one of the things on my "I want to do this in my lifetime" list. What an incredibly talented group of musicians who aren't too bad on the eyes, either. All the old ladies surrounding us at the concert thought so, too. :) We had a great night and a fun visit, as usual, then mom accompanied Isaac and me on the plane back to Michigan.



4. Isaac and I took a trip to Michigan. Isaac went to not just his first, but his second AND third 4-H Fairs. He got to pet his first cow, (okay hugged and loved it), poked at some goats, climbed on tractors, and mama was happy to see that the country genes are definitely in there.


We spent most of the time at the cottage hanging out with Grandma and Great-Grandma. We saw friends and kids and had a great time just relaxing and visiting.











5. "Morning" sickness set in. Sorry, no pictures.



6. Isaac and I took a trip to Mexico. Since I was feeling a little sick we didn't do a lot of sight-seeing, but we spent a lot of time with Hector's family, which was the purpose of our visit. Isaac had a wonderful time playing with his cousins and getting to know his grandparents down in Mexico.





7. Over the next couple of months Isaac learned to play by himself - a lot - while mommy slept and threw up all day. Daddy was home and helped out - a lot - by playing with Isaac and keeping things picked up around here.

8. Mommy got acupuncture and is able to join the land of the living for a couple days at a time. I'm very happy to report that at 15 weeks I'm feeling almost human again and am hoping that the fun part of pregnancy is about to begin. However, my waist is gone and I'm already busting out the maternity pants despite the fact that I'm 8 lbs lighter than my first prenatal appointment. Go figure...?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I absolutely love all of these pictures Holly. The one of you and your mom is just beautiful! And seeing your grandma? Thank you so much for posting all of this, I'm glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete