Sunday, January 25, 2009

Unexpectations

I have encountered so many surprises in the last year and felt so many different emotions; it's hard to keep up. Yeah, I thought I had it all figured out until I became a mother.
Never did I think that I would dance around the house to music just to see my son smile. I certainly never thought I'd have Barney on ever in my lifetime - but he liked it - and because he liked it so did I. I never thought I'd wear yoga pants and a tank top all day, not leave the house for 4 days straight and be OK with it. I didn't think anything but the dog would ever go through the doggy door. I thought I'd be a lot more strict. I never thought naughty could be so funny. I never thought I'd be level-headed in a panic situation. I never imagined I could pack a whole suitcase for a baby and a half a suitcase for me. I always thought the concept of watching a baby sleep was sweet, but never imagined I could just stand there watching him breathe and literally have to tear myself away.
Today I realized that just as there is a tooth fairy to take the teeth that children lose, there is also a tooth monster who brings the teeth; and comes in the form of your child.














No comments:

Post a Comment